Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

By: Brad Taylor at Plibrico Company, LLC
    July 27, 2017 at 1:20 PM
    As many of you have heard, we have a couple of retirements within Plibrico, but what you might not have heard is that we also have a couple of new hires and promotions………..

Vice President of Research and Development Len Krietz is retiring after forty-two years of dedicated service at the end of July. While I have only had the pleasure of knowing Len since joining Plibrico, it is clear that he is not only respected throughout the company, but he is respected within the industry as well.

Director of Manufacturing Tom Ervin at Oak Hill will be retiring on November 1, 2017 after twelve years of service. Tom has led Oak Hill through some challenging times with the breakup of the union and the bankruptcy and has developed a strong team of employees dedicated to continuously improving.

I have really enjoyed working with both Tom and Len. I thank them for everything they have done, and I wish them the best in the future.

New Hires and Promotions –

Lorraine Leung, who has been with Plibrico for 33 years, was promoted to Senior Research and Development Engineer and Quality Supervisor. She is taking over the quality organization that Len was previously responsible for at Plibrico. Lorraine has some big shoes to fill, but she is dedicated, talented and smart. She has the support of the organization behind her to help her to be successful.

Jeff Smith has recently been hired as Plant Manager at the Oak Hill Plibrico plant, replacing Tom Ervin. Jeff brings twenty-five years of progressive management experience and has worked in various industries and roles. Most recently, Jeff spent the last nineteen and half years in the refractory industry for HarbisonWalker International. During his tenure at HarbisonWalker, his responsibilities covered a broad range of duties from procurement, inventory control, operations, EH & S administration, human resources and financial accounting. Jeff is a summa cum laude graduate from Ohio University with a Bachelor of Science in Communication with an area of concentration in Business Administration. Jeff and his wife Christy reside in Jackson, Ohio.

Brad Taylor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.