Plicast Fast Track 65-31
Service Temperature Limit
Casting or Pumping
Aluminum, Steel, Mineral Processing, Off Gas, Waste-To-Energy
A wide range of applications in industrial processes including:
- Aluminum furnaces – non-metal contact areas
- Mineral Processing Kilns – alumina, cement and aggregate calcining
- Steel/Ferrous – reheat/forge furnace hearths, jambs, lintels, sills roof and walls. Pipe covering. Ladles.
- Thermal oxidizers and incinerators– inlets and burner cones, combustion chambers, choke rings.
- Biomass Furnaces – Walls, combustion chamber, and tuyeres
Plicast® Fast Track 65-31 is a mullite based, ultra-low cement castable designed to be put into service more rapidly than traditional low and ultra-low cement materials. Cure times can be reduced to 4 hours! However, for ideal physical characteristics 8 hours is recommended. After curing, heat can be as fast as 100°F/hr with no temperature hold – refer to Plibrico Bake Out Schedule FT for specifics. Other product characteristics include:
- Hot strength at elevated temperatures
- Low abrasion loss
- Good resistance to alkali attack and slags
Plicast Fast Track 65-31 has good flow and setting characteristics allowing it to be place by vibration, casting or pumping.